I am Ukrainian
УКРАЇНСЬКА ПІДТРИМКА ЗАЙНЯТОСТІ
The Employment Opportunities in Edinburgh video below gives a brief overview of employment and training opportunities in Edinburgh. It can help you find support and services as quickly and easily as possible.
If you are Ukrainian and need advice or support to move into work, there are three options:
HUB ONE – ACCOMMODATION/ADVICE/BENEFITS/UNIVERSAL CREDIT
- The Advice Shop, 249 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ
- 0131 200 2360
- Support with an interpreter is available Monday-Friday from 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00.
- The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) are on-site for benefit claims on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00
- More information is available at The City of Edinburgh council information for Ukrainians
HUB TWO – WELLBEING, SOCIAL AND CULTURAL SUPPORT
- Ukrainian Community Centre (AUGB), 14 Royal Terrace, Edinburgh, EH7 5AB
- Drop-in support and information session every second Thursday from 11.00-15.00
- Drop-in coffee morning every Tuesday from 10.00-13.00
- Check their Facebook page for the latest information: www.facebook.com/AUGBEdinburgh
HUB THREE - EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT SESSIONS, TRAINING, AND JOB MATCHING
- Employability Fair held every second Wednesday from 10.00-12.00. See the calendar below for dates.
- Held at Ukrainian Association (AUGB) 14 Royal Terrace, EH7 5AB.
- Drop-in support and information session where you can speak with a variety of organisations able to give advice to those seeking employment.
- Access employability support: CV creation, job applications, job matching and in-work support
- Young people aged 15+ can call Skills Development Scotland on 0131 718 2040 for immediate one-to-one support.
- More information on employability support can be found at www.joinedupforjobs.org/ukrainian-support/ukrainian-job-seeker-support
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
One of the first things you must do after arriving in Edinburgh is register with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). They will ensure that you are receiving the financial support you are entitled to and can also help support you with moving into employment.
It is essential that you register as it generates your National Insurance (NI) number You will need to give an employer to sustain long-term work.
- The Universal Credit helpline number is: Telephone: 0800 328 5644, Textphone: 0800 328 1344
- Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 328 5644
- British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service
- More information about Universal Credit is available online: www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/support-for-those-fleeing-the-conflict-in-ukraine
The City of Edinburgh Council
Information on support for people from Ukraine including the 'super-sponsor scheme', contact details for the Ukraine Consulate and other support services: Supporting Ukraine and its people – The City of Edinburgh Council
Immediate/emergency support from the Council
If you are calling from the airport, rail station or bus station for advice on accommodation and other support, or need to contact the Council in an emergency, telephone 0131 200 2306
MORE INFORMATION AND SUPPORT TO HELP YOU MOVE INTO WORK
Additional Information - downloads:
Ukrainian Hubs Jobs Support Diagram
Citizens Advice Bilingual Ukrainian Support Poster
Citizens Advice Bilingual Ukrainian Support Poster Heritage
Citizens Advice Bilingual Ukrainian Support Leaflet
Citizens Advice Bilingual Ukrainian Support Leaflet Heritage
Skills Development Scotland CIAG Service Offer - Ukrainian
Skills Development Scotland CIAG Service Offer - Russian
Vaccination and Screening for Displaced People from Ukraine in Scotland
Psychological Wellbeing Packs Ukrainian - Easy Read
Psychological Wellbeing Packs Russian - Easy Read
Psychological Wellbeing Packs English - Easy Read
Psychological Wellbeing Packs Ukrainian