English for speakers of other languages

If you live in Edinburgh and your first language is not English, you can join English classes. We call them ESOL classes, which means “English for speakers of other languages. 

Website: www.edinburgh.gov.uk/esol 

The City of Edinburgh Council also has an interpretation and translation service. You can use this if you can’t read or understand English, or if you have hearing loss. 

Website: www.edinburgh.gov.uk/its