Volunteering is a great opportunity to learn new skills, gain confidence, and try out different roles in different sectors. It has a huge number of benefits for you and for Edinburgh. These are just some of them:
- Allows you to gain new skills and increase your knowledge
- Great to add to your CV
- Builds your confidence and self-esteem
- Allows you to try out different opportunities
- Give something back to your community
- Meet new people and increase your social skills.
Volunteer Edinburgh have been helping volunteers for over 45 years. They can help you find and sustain volunteering opportunities in Edinburgh.
Their employability service can help you:
- identify your skills, talents, and aspirations
- build transferrable skills
- use volunteering as a stepping stone to employment.
If you are aged 25 years or under, you can gain nationally recognised certificates through the Saltire Awards.
The Saltire Awards are run by the Scottish Government. They celebrate, recognise and reward the commitment, contribution and achievements of young volunteers in Scotland, aged between 12 and 25.