A change in your circumstances might inspire you to set up your own business. Through our network of partners, we can connect you to the right support to help get you started.
There is support available in every sector for every stage of the process, from finalising your idea through to growing your business.
No matter how much (or how little) you know, our partners can help you to get started. Find out what they offer and how to get in touch below:
Business Gateway Edinburgh offers a variety of support to new and existing businesses in Edinburgh. There is also a dedicated Young Persons’ Adviser.
Through Business Gateway you can access:
- free advice from our experienced business advisers to help you start a business or find new ways of doing business
- free local workshops and seminars, including start-up sessions, marketing, finance and e-commerce
- free information on all aspects of starting and growing a business.
They are in partnership with other professional organisations - so you can be sure you will receive the best possible support.
For more information call 0131 516 8667 or email email@example.com
Creative Edinburgh helps creative people connect and thrive. They want you to reach your fullest potential as a creative. They offer support through:
- their Creative Circles community
- events to connect with others in the sector
- funding information
- digital skills courses to help you raise your game.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
RBS BUSINESS BANKING
There is a range of support available depending on which stage you are at with your enterprise. Whether you are an established business looking to grow, or just starting out with an idea, they can help. With their Business Builder and Enterprise support you can get help:
- validating your business idea
- finding customers
- exploring funding opportunities through their virtual tool.
They also offer a 6 month Accelerator programme if you're starting out. You'll get access to mentors, coaching, office space and events with legal and tech advice. They also offer free one-to-one support, a Business Growth Enabler, and a Women in Business Specialist.